Lavent Law, P.A. is proud to offer a $3,500 scholarship to an immigrant who is a current or aspiring law student.
“As an immigrant, I understand the unique challenges that face us. I have been tremendously fortunate with my legal practice and wanted to give back to a deserving immigrant law student or aspiring law student.” – Boris Lavent.
This award will be based on an essay ranging from 500 – 1000 words on a topic of your choice.
Possible topics include:
- Has being an immigrant impacted your decision to attend law school, if yes, why?
- Why do you want to practice law?
- What adversity you have had to overcome to obtain your goal of attending law school?
- How you will use your law degree to help others?
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident,
- Must be an immigrant (not born in the U.S.),
- Must be a full-time student (proof of enrollment will be required before award is distributed),
- Must be attending law school or college in the U.S.,
- Must demonstrate financial need,
- Must submit essay and transcript from current institution.
The deadline to apply is November 1st, and the recipient will be notified no later than December 1st.
How To Apply
To apply, please fill out the submission form and send the required documents in PDF format. For additional instructions, please see the instructions in the submission form.
We look forward to receiving your application. Good luck!