Even when you’ve been seriously injured as a result of another’s negligence, there is still hope for a positive future. A South Florida personal injury attorney can help you gain financial compensation for all you have suffered.
Accident injuries can happen to any of us and at any time, but when it happens because of someone’s negligence, the experience can be even more frustrating. Knowing that your accident could have been prevented may leave you with feelings of anger, and your physical injuries could cause you to worry about the stability of your future.
When you’ve been catastrophically injured because of another’s carelessness, a South Florida personal injury lawyer from our office may be able to help. We can assist you with filing a personal injury claim, which could allow you to recover some of your losses, such as medical bills, lost wages, and mental health treatment.
Examples of Personal Injury Cases
Not every accident you experience will allow you to file a personal injury claim. However, if you are injured in any kind of negligent accident that resulted in serious injury, you probably have a good case. One example of a personal injury case is when you receive a serious injury as a result of a third-party contractor’s negligence while at work.
Other types of personal injury cases could result from the following accident types:
- Motor Vehicle Collisions – If you’ve been seriously injured in an auto wreck due to a reckless driver, you could qualify for compensation.
- Premises Liability – Getting injured on another’s property due to his or her failure to keep you safe could allow you to file a personal injury lawsuit.
- Construction Accidents – When those responsible for a construction site have not been cautious in alerting the public to dangers, you could receive a payout if injured.
- Product Liability – If a dangerous product has been mislabeled or wasn’t manufactured properly, thereby causing injury, you may be able to file a claim to recover your losses.
Compensation for Your Personal Injury
Personal injury compensation will vary depending on the circumstances of your case. Some injuries may make it impossible for you to return to work; other injuries may mean months of physical therapy. Whatever your unique circumstances are, you can include these items in your injury lawsuit.
The following is a list of damages frequently claimed in personal injury lawsuits, providing the victims with the financial compensation needed to make them whole:
- Medical bills, current and future
- Pain and suffering
- Mental health services and physical therapy costs
- Lost wages, including lost future wages
- The cost of prosthetics and medical equipment
- Lost enjoyment of life
Call a Personal Injury Attorney in South Florida
Sometimes the aftermath of a catastrophic injury can feel like the whole world has turned on you. You may not be able to see how you can move past this incident.
The best first step is to contact a South Florida personal injury lawyer with Lavent Law. We will work hard to get you the compensation you need to put this incident behind you. We can seek damages for all of your losses, and we will be by your side every step of the way. Call for a free case evaluation at (305) 440-0450, or complete our contact form below to get started.