Have you suffered a herniated disc because of an accident in Miami? Do you find that it is difficult to enjoy your life, go to work, and take care of your family? If someone else caused your accident, you may be entitled to compensation. The money you recover can help to ease the financial pressure you experience because of your injury.
The personal injury attorneys at Lavent Law can help you maximize your financial award. Call us today to schedule your free case assessment and learn more.
- 1 Herniated Disc Injuries
- 2 Symptoms of a Herniated Disc Injury
- 3 Causes of Herniated Disc Injuries
- 4 Treatment for Herniated Disc Injuries in Miami
- 5 How Our Miami Personal Injury Attorneys Will Help You
- 6 Damages Available to Herniated Disc Injury Victims in Miami
- 7 Need More Assistance?
Herniated Disc Injuries
Any injury or damage to a part of the spinal column can have serious consequences. This includes injuries to the spinal discs. Discs are little shock absorbers that sit between each of the vertebrae in the spine. The discs are made up of two different types of cartilage.
The outside of each disc is made of a tough cartilage exterior. The inside of each disc is made of a soft, malleable cartilage. This dual-cartilage system allows each disc to act as a pillow that can form-fit between neighboring vertebrae. The discs allow the vertebrae to move without pinching nearby spinal nerves.
A herniated disc injury occurs when the outer shell of the disc is torn. The soft cartilage inside is no longer contained and is able to seep out into the spinal column. There are two primary consequences of this:
- The integrity of the disc is lost, which allows spinal nerves on each side to become pinched between vertebrae.
- The soft cartilage extends beyond the disc’s normal circumference and makes contact with nerves and/or the spinal cord itself.
Herniated disc injuries, which are also called slipped discs and ruptured discs, can result in excruciating pain that is typically worsened with movement.
Symptoms of a Herniated Disc Injury
Herniated disc injuries are much more likely to cause debilitating pain than bulging disc injuries. The severity of your symptoms and pain will depend on the extent of the ruptured disc.
Commonly reported symptoms of a herniated disc injury include:
- Muscle weakness
- Difficulty holding or lifting items
- Loss of fine motor skills
- Numbness, and
Herniated Disc Injury Pain
The location of your herniated disc injury will dictate where in the body you will most likely experience pain.
- Neck: Damage to a disc in the cervical spine can cause pain in the neck, shoulders, and arms.
- Upper Back: Damage to a disc in the thoracic spine can cause pain chest and abdomen.
- Lower Back: Damage to a disc in the lumbar spine can cause pain in the lower back, legs, and feet.
Are you struggling with the pain of a herniated disc injury? Contact Lavent Law to learn about the benefits of filing a personal injury lawsuit for damages. Our attorneys can help you recover the money you deserve after your Miami accident.
Causes of Herniated Disc Injuries
Herniated discs can happen for any number of reasons. In fact, herniated discs can simply be a consequence of aging naturally. Over time, the discs become worn down and begin to rupture. However, trauma is also a leading cause of herniated disc injuries in Miami. Accidents that can cause herniated disc injuries include:
- Car accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accident
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Defective product accidents
- Workplace accidents
- Construction accidents
- Elevator accidents, and
- Slip and Fall accidents.
Our attorneys are prepared to help you recover compensation for your herniated disc injury. We handle all personal injury matters in Miami. Call us to schedule your free consultation today.
Treatment for Herniated Disc Injuries in Miami
There are several treatment options that can be used to help you recover from your herniated disc injury. The best treatment will depend on the extent of your herniated disc injury. Commonly used treatments for herniated discs include:
- Management with pain medication
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Steroid injections
- Ice and heat therapy
- Physical therapy and rehabilitation
- Strength training
- Chiropractic treatment
- Spinal surgery, and
- Fusion surgery.
How Our Miami Personal Injury Attorneys Will Help You
If you’ve suffered a herniated disc injury you may be struggling to get through the day. The pain of a slipped disc can affect nearly every aspect of your life. After your injury, you need to focus on getting better. If you want to pursue damages through a personal injury lawsuit, the best thing to do is hire an attorney to handle your case.
Here’s why you should hire our Miami herniated disc injury attorneys after your accident:
- We handle the complex legal claim while you focus on getting better
- We make sure that everyone who caused your accident is identified, which will help to maximize your recovery
- We minimize your role and shift blame to others if you share fault for your accident
- We make sure that your case is filed within the applicable statute of limitations
- We protect you from manipulative insurance companies
- We make sure that your claim is valued properly.
Our Miami personal injury attorneys know how devastating a spinal cord injury can be. We will fight to make sure that you get a fair settlement offer from the person who is responsible for your accident.
Damages Available to Herniated Disc Injury Victims in Miami
Our attorneys will pursue both economic and non-economic damages on your behalf. We work with experts to make sure that the full extent of your damages is identified. This will help to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your herniated disc injury.
Economic Damages: Economic damages are paid to help compensate for the financial costs of your accident. These can include actual costs as well as costs you’re likely to incur in the future. Examples of economic damages include those for:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Lost income and wages, and
Non-Economic Damages: Non-economic damages are paid to compensate for the physical and emotional consequences of your accident and injury. These damages are very personal and hard to value in terms of dollars and cents. Examples of non-economic damages include those for:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Scarring, and
- Loss of enjoyment of life.
Call our Miami office today to schedule your free case evaluation. Our personal injury attorneys can help you maximize your financial award.
Need More Assistance?
Have you recently been involved in a Miami accident? Did you suffer a herniated disc? If someone else is to blame, you may be entitled to compensation. The attorneys at Lavent Law know how to make sure that you get the money you deserve. Call us today to schedule a free consultation with our experienced legal team. We will review your case, explain your legal options, and answer the questions you may have.