Miami Beach Personal Injury Lawyer
If you were injured by the negligent action or inaction of another, you need a Miami Beach personal injury lawyer to file a lawsuit on your behalf. Personal injuries come in a variety of different case types, but they all have one thing in common: all can result in significant damages and financial losses for the victim.
Lavent Law, PA can determine if you have a case, what your injury claim is worth, and how you should proceed. The Florida statute of limitations only provides you two years in which to file a lawsuit for medical malpractice and four years for other types of personal injury, so contact us as soon as possible.
Types of Personal Injury Accidents
Any time that you were injured due to the negligence of someone else, you can hire a Miami Beach personal injury lawyer to seek compensation on your behalf. The key is proving that someone else, a business, or a government agency either did something or failed to do something that put you in harm's way.
Common accidents types include all of the following:
- Slip-and-Falls – Falls are easily some of the most common causes of personal injuries, particularly when they involve premises liability. For example, if an apartment complex did not replace a loose railing, they could be negligent for your fall.
- Dog Bites – Pet owners have a responsibility to both control their animal and prevent these accidents. If the owner was aware that the dog could bite and didn’t do anything to prevent or stop it, he or she would be at fault.
- Defective Products – When a manufacturer does not meet safety standards or uses dangerous components such as lead paint, they would be responsible for any injuries that result.
- Car Accidents – Perhaps the most common cause of injuries, car accidents can lead to long-term injuries and permanent disabilities.
Get Your Medical Bills Paid For
After your accident, you may have ongoing medical bills for regular care, physical therapy, rehabilitation services, and more. You should not have to pay for this when someone else was to blame.
Even if an insurance company is handling your claim, they may deny coverage for expensive medical services that your doctor deems necessary.
A Miami Beach personal injury lawyer from our firm is your best option for ensuring that your medical expenses are covered in the wake of your accident. We will do everything possible to ensure both that you have access to the medical care your injuries require and that the at-fault party or insurer covers your expenses.
What Is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth?
After being injured, it is important to consider all of the ways in which your life and finances have been affected. Too often, people settle before they have a full understanding of what they face.
You could be entitled to compensation for all of the following damages:
- Cost of retrofitting your home to accommodate your injuries
- Expenses of ongoing rehabilitation and therapy
- Retraining if you cannot perform your current job duties
- Lost wages and income
- And more
In extreme cases, a serious injury may develop into a permanent disability. If you have become disabled, working with a Miami Beach personal injury lawyer from our office is your best option for receiving both long-term compensation and disability benefits.
Consult a Miami Beach Personal Injury Attorney
An accident’s aftermath is unpredictable and filled with challenges—both medical and legal. You deserve to be compensated for your expenses and treated with respect throughout this process. The best way to ensure both is to hire a skilled Miami Beach personal injury lawyer.
To get started, call Lavent Law, PA at (305) 440-0450 today. You can also use the contact form below to have someone from our office contact you at your leisure.