The odds of being involved in a car accident are greater than winning the lottery, being struck by lightning, or being assaulted by someone using a gun. Automobile accidents are very common and can inflict a wide range of negative effects on your life. In particular, they can impact your finances dramatically through medical bills, income reduction or loss, and property damage.
Figuring out how to cover all of these costs and who should be responsible usually isn’t easy. Don’t let a minor car accident turn into a medical and financial nightmare just because you didn’t get help from a Homestead car accident lawyer from Lavent Law, PA.
Causes of Florida Car Crashes
In 2015, there were 63,450 car accidents in Miami-Dade County, causing 32,742 injuries and 338 fatalities. As of August 30, 2016, there have been 704 car accidents in Homestead, Florida, while 2015 saw only 613.
The majority of these accidents were caused by some form of negligence, such as those listed below:
- Speeding is often the primary cause of car accidents, as drivers are unable to stop in time or don’t have time to react to traffic or road conditions.
- Distracted drivers can cause accidents while focusing on changing radio stations, applying makeup, eating and drinking, or using a cell phone while behind the wheel.
- Drunk and impaired drivers lack the judgment and reaction time to properly operate their vehicles and are dangers to everyone else on the road.
- Dangerous road conditions such as crumbling bridges, deep potholes, and debris left out after road construction can all contribute to accident occurrences. Determining who is at fault is a challenge all its own in these scenarios.
Whatever caused your accident, a Homestead car accident lawyer from our office can determine who was to blame, develop a case proving your version of events, and represent you throughout the legal process.
Florida’s No-Fault Insurance
Getting help from a knowledgeable Homestead car accident lawyer is almost necessary for properly interpreting Florida’s no-fault insurance requirement policy. You may not think you can file a personal injury lawsuit to get compensated for your losses, but if you are permanently injured or your medical bills and income losses are greater than your personal injury protection policy, you can.
The Crushing Costs of Car Accidents
Your trauma after a car accident is real and never insignificant, so make sure you get everything you deserve when filing your claim. You can be reimbursed for any accident-related expenses and damages you incur:
- Long-term and immediate medical care such as hospitalization and home medical equipment
- Income loss due to time off work or an inability to continue working in the same capacity
- Damages to property, including either your vehicle or your property inside it
- Pain and suffering from the strain put on your finances, social and family life, and any other diminished enjoyment of life
Consult a Homestead Car Accident Lawyer for Free
Motor vehicle accidents are horrible experiences at the best of times. No matter how serious or trivial an accident, you need the legal help of trained professionals to navigate the convoluted court system.
Please give us a call at (305) 440-0450 and speak with a Homestead car accident lawyer from Lavent Law, PA today. You may also fill out the questionnaire below to have an associate contact you at your leisure.