Hialeah Personal Injury Lawyer
When the negligence of another leaves you injured and facing the financial burdens that follow, you shouldn’t be the one to pay the expenses. Sadly, these types of injury accidents are all too common. Accidents ranging from a fall to being hit by an object to being burned by a defective product can all create a basis for a personal injury case.
After an accident such as this, you need a Hialeah personal injury lawyer from Lavent Law, PA to build a strong case that can demonstrate what happened, how it happened, and how much compensation you are owed for your injuries.
Steps to Take After Being Injured
After your injury, there are a number of steps you can take to strengthen your case later:
- Take Pictures or Video – Use your phone to document everything around you, including your injuries and anything that could illustrate what happened.
- Get Contact Information – If there were witnesses, write down their names, phone numbers, and addresses.
- File an Accident Report – Whether you call the police (for a car accident) or file an accident report (with a store or government agency), you should always officially document your accident and injuries.
- Go to the Doctor – You need to be thoroughly examined to determine the extent of your injuries. This will also demonstrate that you took your injury seriously and help us properly value your claim later.
Afterward, contact a Hialeah personal injury lawyer from our office. The sooner we begin working on your case, the better your chances for a successful settlement.
Why You Need a Personal Injury Lawyer
The party responsible for your injuries will likely have an attorney of their own. An opposing attorney will do everything possible to prove that you were somehow at fault for the accident. You need a Hialeah personal injury lawyer from our firm to protect your rights and ensure that you receive monetary compensation for your injuries.
Once retained, we will perform all of the items listed below in order to develop a strong case that demonstrates who was truly at fault and why you deserve a financial award:
- Gather evidence to prove negligence
- Correctly value your injury claim
- Conduct discovery and depositions
- Negotiate on your behalf out of court with the insurer or opposing attorney
- Represent you in court
Florida provides a statute of limitations of just two years for medical malpractice and four years for other personal injury claims. The sooner your Hialeah personal injury lawyer can get started on your case, the sooner you can receive the compensation you are due.
Compensation for Your Personal Injury
Injuries will impact your life in numerous ways that extend far beyond simply receiving medical care. You may need to take time off from work to enable your recovery. It is also possible that you may need to hire a caregiver to assist you or help around the house.
Any expenses or damages that have been caused by your injury should be compensated. Your Hialeah personal injury lawyer will ensure that your settlement factors in everything possible, allowing you to rest easy knowing that your future needs will be covered.
Free Consultation with a Hialeah Personal Injury Lawyer
You don't have to deal with the results of your personal injury on your own. Instead, an experienced Hialeah personal injury lawyer can fight for your rights and help you seek financial compensation for all you’ve endured.
Getting started is as easy as filling out the form below or calling Lavent Law, PA at (305) 440-0450.