Insurance Negotiating Tactics to Watch for After an Accident
Dealing with insurance adjusters is more than frustrating—it’s downright infuriating. You don’t deserve to be treated like a criminal just because you want to file a claim with your own insurance policy. Luckily, we can deal with them so you won’t have to worry about their sneaky tactics.
If you’ve already started insurance negotiations, you may want to quickly brush up on insurance negotiating tactics to watch out for after an accident. No one likes being taken advantage of, which is what insurers often do to injury victims in an attempt to lower settlement amounts.
When your car crash injury compensation is on the line, it’s especially important to be aware of potential traps the insurance companies will set for you.
Insurance Tactics to Look Out For
The following are some of the tactics insurance companies utilize to lower a settlement amount. Be aware so you can guard against these pitfalls:
- Insurers will usually try to place blame on you so your award amount will be lower. If some fault for the accident is found with you, the amount of damages you can collect will be lowered in proportion to your fault. This concept is called comparative negligence.
- They could try to record your statements to use against you in court or during negotiations.
- Insurers will often try to offer you a quick and low settlement, hoping you’ll jump on it before hiring a lawyer and discovering what your claim is truly worth.
- Insurers may challenge the facts of the case, perhaps claiming your injury didn’t happen the way you said it did.
- Insurance companies often challenge the medical evidence of your injury, suggesting it isn’t as serious as you claim.
We’ll Handle Insurers on Your Behalf
The car accident attorneys at Lavent Law know all the insurance negotiating tactics to watch out for after an accident. Dishonest insurers won’t be able to pull their tricks on us. Call 305-440-0450 or fill out the form below to discuss your case with us in a free consultation.