Miami Car Accident Lawyer
Work with a Miami car crash attorney who can get you a positive outcome for your case and see that you’re fully compensated for the auto wreck you weren’t responsible for.
Car accidents—they can happen at any moment to almost any driver. Even when you’re doing your best to drive safely, you can be injured in a car crash through no fault of your own. No matter how much you try to prevent a wreck, you can’t always anticipate the mistakes and actions of other drivers on the road.
When another driver caused your accident because he or she was being careless, you may be able to file a personal injury claim to recover compensation for any serious injury caused by your accident. Even if the crash was minor, an attorney can still help you get the most out of your insurer’s personal injury protection (PIP) benefits.
Insurance companies—even your own—will always try to pay out as little compensation as they possibly can in an effort to keep their profits up. You could spend time arguing with them, or you could spend that time focused on recovering from your car accident.
Hire a Miami car accident lawyer from our office to go toe-to-toe with the negligent driver and your insurance company on your behalf. Believe us—we’re ready for it.
Personal Injury Laws in Florida
Florida is one of only a few states that use a no-fault system when it comes to insurance. Insurance is designed to protect you financially in the event of an accident. Your insurance will cover the damage to your vehicle (if you have enough coverage), and it should cover your injuries, up to certain limits.
Your PIP benefits are designed to cover you regardless of who was at fault for the accident. But what happens if your injuries are so serious that your expenses have gone over the limit your PIP insurance company has set? That’s when you need to file a personal injury claim.
Dealing with Insurers
When you’ve been involved in a Miami car accident, you should be focused on your recovery. Dealing with insurance companies is really not something you should be attempting. Your injury attorney can negotiate settlements with the insurance company so you can focus on your health.
Even when you’ve been in a minor collision and your PIP benefits should cover your accident, it’s usually still advisable to have an attorney handle insurance adjusters on your behalf. They aren’t going to be able to take advantage of us because we know their tactics and how to recover fair compensation for your losses.
Common Causes of Miami Motor Vehicle Collisions
Many circumstances can cause accidents in Miami; some are environmental causes, and some are caused by human error. Not all crashes are caused by a reckless driver. In many instances, your crash could be caused by factors that were outside of the control of both you and the other driver.
Here’s a hypothetical example: On the morning of your accident, you brought your car into a tire shop. A worker at the tire shop failed to properly secure your tire, which resulted in your crash. You may be able to hold the worker or the tire shop financially responsible for your resulting injuries.
Below are a few examples of common causes of Miami motor vehicle crashes and who could be considered responsible in a resulting personal injury case:
- Manufacturer Liability – This is when a manufacturing company allowed the creation and distribution of faulty vehicle parts. If one of those parts malfunctioned and contributed to your car accident, you can name the manufacturer in your claim.
- Drunk Driving – Drinking and driving is dangerous for everyone on the road. If a drunk driver injured you in Miami, you can hold him or her financially accountable.
- Reckless or Distracted Driving – If you’ve been seriously injured by a reckless or distracted driver, you can be compensated for all of your losses.
- Poor Road Design and Maintenance – Government agencies sometimes fail to design or maintain safe roads, and that can lead to accidents. Improper embankments, sharp turns, poor signage, dangerous debris in the road, and large potholes are some common examples.
- Poor Maintenance – You can pursue compensation from a mechanic if your accident was caused by the mechanic’s negligence.
- Drowsy Driver – If a drowsy driver caused your accident, you can seek personal injury compensation from the driver.
Compensation for Your Serious Car Wreck in Miami
One of the biggest questions you may be asking yourself after a crash is how much compensation you stand to receive. This is an important question because, after a wreck, you are likely being handed some massive medical bills, the likes of which you’ve never seen. The amount can boggle the mind and add stress to your already full plate.
Even one night in the hospital can cost thousands of dollars, and if you’ve been catastrophically injured, those bills will just keep climbing. The compensation a person will receive for his or her injuries will, of course, depend of the extent of the injuries and the unique circumstances of each case.
In addition to medical bills and other monetary expenses, you can also seek non-monetary compensation for your accident. Non-monetary compensation includes those damages in which you suffered a loss of some kind, but the loss was not a monetary one. For example, mental trauma is considered a non-monetary loss.
Below is a list of losses (both monetary and non-monetary) that you can have your attorney add to your Miami car accident claim:
- Pain and suffering
- Damage to your vehicle
- All medical expenses related to your injury
- Mental health treatment and physical therapy
- The cost of prosthetics or mobility devices
- Missed wages, including the loss of future earning potential
- The loss of your enjoyment of life
- Mental anguish
How Can a Personal Injury Attorney Help You?
After a serious wreck, you are probably in great pain and under enormous amounts of stress. It would be difficult, if not impossible, for you to accomplish all the necessary tasks to receive the fair compensation you deserve. Besides, you should be working on recovering from your injuries—not dealing with any more stress.
Your Miami car wreck attorney can help you in a number of ways, including the following:
- Handling the insurance companies on your behalf
- Collecting accident reports
- Speaking with accident witnesses
- Analyzing medical records
- Arranging expert witnesses for trial
- Fighting for you, whether it’s in settlement negotiations or in court
Contact a Miami Car Crash Attorney
Serious car wreck injuries can impact you for the rest of your life. You deserve to be compensated for your financial losses and your physical and emotional suffering. In many cases, your injuries may prevent you from returning to work, so it’s likely you will need fair and full compensation to make sure your future will be financially secure.
Work with an experienced Miami car accident lawyer from Lavent Law. We have a history of success and have even received awards, including the Top 10 Lawyers in Florida for Client Satisfaction and National Trial Lawyers Top 40 Under 40. Get a free case review by calling (305) 440-0450 or filling out the online contact form below.