How to Obtain an Accident Report | Dade Car Crash Auto Wreck

Who Will Pay My Medical Bills After a Car Accident?

Many accident victims ask, “Who will pay my medical bills after a car accident?”

In Florida, you are required to carry personal injury protection (PIP) insurance. PIP insurance will protect you in the event of an accident, whether you are the driver or a passenger. As such, you actually file an injury claim with your own insurance company after an accident.

After filing, the insurance company will take your information, review the details of the accident, and let you know how to proceed with your claim. Typically, the insurance company will provide you with a claim number that you can then use to cover your medical expenses.

Medical Providers

In a normal doctor’s visit, the staff takes your insurance information and has you pay a copay—but this is not the case when having your accident injuries treated.

Instead, you will provide the doctor with your insurance claim number and the contact information for your insurance company. Your medical provider will then submit the bill directly to the insurer for payment.

You should not need to use your own personal health insurance, and doing so may result in the health insurer trying to reclaim their money later.

Knowing the answer to the question “who will pay my medical bills after a car accident” can ensure you are not financially burdened by having your initial medical bills paid for.

Insurance Coverage Limits

When you purchase an auto insurance policy in Florida, you will be required to identify how much PIP insurance you are interested in carrying. The minimum required is $10,000.

This $10,000 policy applies to yourself and your children in the event of an accident. If your medical bills exceed this amount, then you will need to consider other legal options for having your medical bills paid.

What Happens After PIP Insurance Is Exhausted?

If your accident was caused by someone else and the expenses are going to be more than your PIP insurance will cover, you should contact our office and speak with a car accident attorney immediately.

We will review your case and determine whether you should file a lawsuit.

If so, you can sue the other driver and try to compel his or her insurance company to pay for your additional medical bills. You may also seek compensation for any additional losses or expenses related to the accident.

Call a Miami Accident Lawyer

If you are wondering “who will pay my bills after a car accident,” an experienced attorney from Lavent Law can provide the answers you seek.

Call us at 305-440-0450 to set up a free consultation to discuss your case in detail. Answers lead to action, and action leads to results, so get started as soon as possible.

1 Step 1
Request A FREE Case Evaluation
Your Nameyour full name
Telephoneyour full name
Brief description of casemore details
0 /
powered by FormCraft